Providing CFO services in South Florida
Boca Raton, FL CFO
38 Years of Experience
office (954) 260-1918
University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
Certificates & Licenses:
Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce
Deerfield Beach Chamber of Commerce
Contact Peter Aronstam and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Peter brings more than 30 years of experience in accounting, finance, banking, international trade, business acquisitions and exits, and law to his clients. His career is marked by a progression of senior finance roles with growth and performance-driven enterprises, from start-up technology and internet companies to chief financial officer roles in small service providers ($50 million) to very large international manufacturers ($25 billion) to global banks. He is a decisive, focused, and versatile financial executive with uncompromising integrity.
Peter has advised publicly-held and privately-owned businesses since 1978, providing both full-time and part-time, interim or fractional CFO services. His background includes start-up VC-backed entrepreneurial companies; manufacturing, technology and service companies; public-company CFO; corporate and international banking in major multinational banks; managing HR and IT functions; and raising more than $500 million in debt and equity for his companies and their customers. In the past 10 years he has advised companies as CFO in Palm Beach County, Broward County and Miami-Dade County in Florida.
Since joining B2B CFO®, Peter has served as CFO in a number of industries and roles:
- Professional services - law firm, chiropractor
- Manufacturing - baked goods, biopharmaceuticals, sports nutrition supplements, clothing, power tools, liquor
- Distribution - medical equipment, seafood
- Service providers - home health care, janitorial, printing, drug rehabilitation centers, ship maintenance and repair, medical billing, pharmacy
- Healthcare - pharmaceutical manufacture, dental device manufacture
- Internet - student-based social media and networking
- Business exits - specialty pharmacy, medical billing company, durable medical equipment distributor
His diverse background has given him broad knowledge to resolve issues not only in the financial arena, but also to assist business owners in analyzing and improving all areas of their business operations. As an entrepreneurial and analytical C-level finance officer, he has taken existing companies and improved their processes, controls, procedures and profitability.
Peter's broad experience gives him the advantage in identifying key factors that will improve the health and growth of a business. He is a strong team builder who clearly understands how to work with the key stakeholders in a business to build value, grow and protect their assets and achieve their personal goals. He knows how quickly to analyze all aspects of the business to identify problem areas and develop viable solutions. His understanding of finance and operations allows him to develop the financial systems to support the company's operations. His skills in strategic business planning, establishment of operational/financial controls, structuring of transactions, IT systems integration, human resources, and risk management can be used to resolve a very broad range of issues.
Peter has many years of expertise in developing financial forecasts that have been used to raise capital and support business plans. He has been involved in numerous business acquisitions, and his legal background gives him the valuable ability to interpret and negotiate legal language and ensure that the deal terms clearly match the parties' intentions. Peter has also dealt with companies with high growth rates and companies that have run into financial problems and have had to downsize. His teaching experience and background in developing investor relations programs have created communication skills to equip him to work with investors, boards of directors, and personnel at all company levels to create timely financial reports, implement internal controls, utilize software solutions to reduce costs and generate accurate financial and tax reporting systems. He understands how to take complex strategies and communicate them in a way that makes it easy for others to understand and execute.
Peter's significant achievements include:
- Performed due diligence for the purchase of three companies, adding to the diversity of products sold and extending the structure into distribution, through which the company was able to increase revenues by more than 200%.
- Raised more than $100 million in private and public equity, dealing with the full range of investors from angels to institutional investors to public stock transactions. Also negotiated all applicable legal agreements with underwriters and investors.
- Supervised the financial development of a company from $30 million in revenues to over $120 million in five years.
- Developed and enforced procedures that improved annual inventory turns by more than 200%.
- Initiated program for Accounts Receivable collections that reduced DSO from >120 days to <50 days.
- Created and implemented the first sales and capital budgeting forecasts for a company.
Born and educated in South Africa, Peter earned his Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Law and PhD from the University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa. Peter has worked in South Africa, Canada, and Florida. He currently lives in Boca Raton, FL. In his free time, Peter enjoys reading, golf and exercise.