Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in Miami
Miami, FL CFO
22 Years of Experience
University of Notre Dame
Certificates & Licenses:
CPA - New York State
Contact Jim Roller and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Jim has over 20 years of CFO experience in a variety of industries and different companies with operations ranging from start-up to $275 million in revenues. Jim's career includes both domestic and multinational companies and expatriate assignments in South Africa, Holland and Brazil.
As a CFO, one of Jim's greatest strengths is in identifying the unique key performance indicators (KPI's) of each business and then developing measurement and performance management systems to align day to day operations with sustainable profits and cash flow.
Jim is also a good listener and a practical problem solver. Because of this, Jim has been given the opportunity of having direct, ongoing access to the CEO's of the companies he's worked for even including Fortune 500 clients during his most junior days working for a Big 4 accounting firm. Through this experience Jim learned to understand how successful CEO's and entrepreneurs think. Jim believes it is important to help finance and other functional areas understand the bigger picture and commit a portion of their time daily to the medium and long term strategy that is necessary for true sustainability.
Because Jim's nature is to jump in and accept responsibilities as needed to move the business forward, turn around a business, or resolve a crisis he also has extensive hands on operational experience. Some of Jim's attributes:
- recruit, mentor, develop and engage agile, multi-disciplined teams who are able to stretch themselves and adapt to changes in the business
- drive people and processes to accomplish goals according to schedule through milestone management and reporting
- promote teamwork across functional areas by providing decisive, clear and pragmatic leadership with integrity and transparency
- apply lean finance principles to get better outcomes while eliminating waste by focusing on the critical 20% that accounts for 80% of the results
- composed, steady and dependable in times of uncertainty
- manage key relationships with stakeholders, bankers and professional advisors
Jim's accomplishments include helping to raise $500 million for a Canadian gold mining company, serving for 3 years as SAP implementation manager for a $100 million division of Dutch life sciences company, and completing a $30 million critical mass acquisition for a $200 million electronics contract manufacturer positioning it for an IPO.
Jim received his bachelors in business from the University of Notre Dame. Jim is a resident of Miami, FL where he lives with his wife Silvana. When not assisting clients, Jim enjoys travel, reading and working out at the gym.