Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in South Florida
Dennis J Kanai
Atlantis, FL CFO
39 Years of Experience
office (561) 601-5567
Florida Atlantic University
Certificates & Licenses:
BBA, CPA (Florida)
Contact Dennis Kanai and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Dennis is a senior financial executive with over 35 years of leadership and management experience with domestic and multi-national corporations including consolidated groups and holding companies, with organizations ranging from startups to $250 million in revenues. His diverse industry experience includes Telecommunications, Insurance, Agriculture, Real Estate, Securities Brokerage, Service and distribution, and general business consulting with companies that realized market phases including growth, and market share, as well as companies dealing with declining markets requiring downsizing and workouts.
As a goal oriented visionary, Dennis has experience in strategic planning and tactical execution leading global initiatives and managing business at multiple locations. He developed and implemented staffing strategies and programs that improved operational outcomes and maximized the available staff resources. Dennis also has experience in human resource planning and operations, organizational change and effectiveness, team building, and facilitative leadership. He has resolutely educated and mentored staff, rewarding results and steering long-term tenure and promotions.
Dennis is a leader who shapes strategic financial direction. He has a consistent record of minimizing financial losses and bettering financial performance by identifying and eliminating financial performance issues while creating and environment of collaboration and continual evolution.
Dennis' titles have included Chief Financial Officer, Board Member, Chief Compliance Officer, Director, and Controller.
Dennis enjoys being involved with both highly structured and hands on entrepreneurial companies, and is experienced with systems from PC's to AS400 and financial packages from Quick books to Great Plains and MAS200.
Dennis also has extensive experience with both defined benefit and contribution pension plans, audit control, negotiations of acquisitions, financing, long term leases, and bank relations.
Some of Dennis' significant accomplishments would include:
- Turned around finance function for consolidated group of over twenty entities.
- In one year reduced audit completion time and cost by over 60%, while successfully eliminating subsequent audit adjustments.
- Implemented and enhanced a consolidated reporting and budgeting process.
- Drove financial plan for road show to refinance company
- Finalized merger, centralized 5 offices, and relocated overburdened financial function to state-of-the-art office. Redefined departmental vision and quickly increased staff morale.
- Deferred $1.2+ million in pension contributions by improving reporting procedures and establishing benchmarks
- Piloted comprehensive projections/analysis and acquisitions/dispositions for $100 million real estate portfolio
- Realized $1 million in tax credits generated by developing program to retroactively review 100 research/experimentation projects.
Dennis holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Florida, and has been living and working the Greater West Palm Beach area since 1971. Dennis is a Certified Public Accountant and a Chartered Global Management Accountant. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accounts and The Florida institute of Certified Public Accountants. He sits on charitable and civic boards and committees and performs charitable work throughout the Greater West Palm Beach community. Dennis lives in Atlantis Florida with Cynthia his wife and partner for 22 years. Dennis enjoys the south Florida lifestyle including family activities, tennis, and is a classic car enthusiast.